Archival processing services in any archive document stage
Archives are an incredible resource. They are the documentary by-product of human activity and as such are an irreplaceable witness to past events, underpinning democracy, the identity of individuals and communities, and human rights.
SCANBIT has been providing comprehensive archival processing services for 10 years to central administrative archives, intermediate archives, office archives and historical archives. Our archivists describe and manage not only public archives, but also private, family or entity archives, in any medium (paper, physical and digital photographs, e-documents, ….) or document type.
The archival processing provided by SCANBIT is tailored to the archive or entity needs, and services range from cataloguing historical documents, to consultancy or creation of preservation and purging calendars in administrative archives.
Our professionals may be involved in all the stages of the archival processing :
- Identification, analysis, organization and classification of the documents
- Physical treatment of the documentation
- Archival description according ISAD (G) international standard
- Data maintenance and cleansing (authority databases), according ISAAR (CPF) e ISDIAH standards
- Creation and maintenance of thesaurus
- Digitization of all the document types.
Moreover, SCANBIT provides services for implementing the archive management system ICA-Atom.