Extensive experience providing library services, commitment to the librarian professional communities, open source software, innovation and continuous improvement, are values that make SCANBIT an excellent choice for accompanying librarians, curators and cultural heritage and research institutions, to meet the challenges of the digital age.
Library Management Systems
SCANBIT provides integrated IT services for libraries and information centres. Some of them are:
- Consultancy on librarianship and information technologies
- Data migration and conversion (MARC, Dublin Core, LIDO, RDF, etc)
- Installation and configuration of library software
- Parameterization and customization
- Design and implementation of new features (development)
- Integration with other applications (SIP, REST, OAI, CAS…)
- Maintenance and support (SLA)
- Training (on site or via webinars)
SCANBIT is service provider mainly for KOHA LMS, LibriSuite LMS, Dspace based digital repositories and VuFind discovery layer (see Soluciones). However, SCANBIT is not a product-oriented company and we have also experience in providing IT and library services for other systems. Some examples are AquaBrowser Library discovery layer, Kuali OLE (see also FOLIO) LMS and Drupal or WordPress based web portals.
SCANBIT’s team consists of librarians, content curators and mediators among information and users, providing outsourcing services including bibliographic cataloguing and processing, cataloguing and description of museum collections, content management, user and service desk services.
SCANBIT provides professional support for implementing open access platforms (OAI-PMH) and for converting and publishing metadata into Linked Open Data (Semantic web).