SCANBIT S.L. is a subsidiary company of IBAI Systems, a company devoted to provide IT services. SCANBIT, specialized in technology and outsourcing services for cultural heritage and research institutions, takes advantage of all this know-how in computer and IT services. Both companies are owned by a larger company called LKS Technological Consultancy. LKS Group is a reference in the IT services field in Spain. Currently, approximately 700 people work in this group and they are part of the Mondragon Corporation, the largest cooperative in the region of the Basque Country in Spain and one of the largest groups in Spain, formed by 239 companies, more than 75,000 people and 15 technological centres.
SCANBIT’s mission is to deliver professional services and the latest IT technology to libraries, archives, museums, documentation centres, universities, research organizations and publishers, all of them in the information management, research and cultural heritage and memory preservation fields, walking together towards continuous improvement, innovation, progress and sustainable development of societies, bringing adding value to services and clients.
- 20-year experience in library services and library software development, proprietary and open source, both at national and international level
- Multidisciplinary team of IT experts: software developers and engineers, librarians, content curators, archivists, consultants, …
- Participation and transparency: continuous communication and information sharing among the employees working in SCANBIT
- Innovation and ongoing training, of services and solutions.
- Internacionalization: SCANBIT is providing library services to cultural and academic institutions from countries outside Spain, for example, UK, Germany, Italy or Mexico
- Quality management. SCANBIT is certified according ISO 9001 (AENOR).
Commitment to GLAM community: SCANBIT contributes to different professional associations and communities of librarians and other cultural heritage experts and users, for example, Spanish Federation of Societies of Archivist, Librarians, Documentalist and Museology (FESABID) or KOHA, VuFind and DSpace Communities.